Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:17:20 -0400
That market already has a source. You can find reasonably priced $1500-$2000 antennas, used and in good shape for about a quarter the price of new ones. F12s for instance, if taken apart carefully and marked (with something that doesn't wash off, or come off if stored outdoors for a year or two. It's very easy to drill out those pop rivets with the correct size, sharp drill bit. With F12, you only need to know which piece goes where. Clean the mating areas with a scotch bright pad, add joint compound, and install new rivets.

There are many antennas just setting "up there" no longer used for many reasons. Some are offered for sale while other hams just don't think of selling.

73

Roger (K8RI)