[TowerTalk] My Experience with M² and 1/16" Error

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My Experience with M² and 1/16" Error
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:23:00 +0000 (UTC)
I purchased a KT34A from M² a few years ago.  My tower project was delayed and
I didn't get around to assembling the antenna for almost 2 years.
Before starting assembly, I did an inventory of parts, those of you familiar
with the KT34A know how many parts are involved. Well, every single part was
there but, like Lizeth, there was a 1/16" error, not in element length but in
the thickness of the boom to mast plate.

I gave M² a phone call and described the problem. The antenna was well out of
warranty, but I had the proper part in my hand the very next day!  I have at
least 8 M² antennas, both HF and VHF/UHF, and with the exception of the KT,
every one was complete and accurate. I only wish my Tax Man was that good!
-Mike-WA6ZTY