Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

To: "[TowerTalk]" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:53:52 -0400

On 2015-04-19 12:35 PM, Doug Renwick wrote:
>>From my CL-33 manual that I have on file:

The Classic 33 and Classic 36 (along with the newer CL-33WARC and
CL-39M) are a completely different design.  The feed point is
"balanced capacitive" with no ground strap like the MP, TA and PRO
series antennas.  Of course, the Classic series still uses the same
traps - with losses so high that Mosley rates the Classic antennas
- like all their trap antennas - for only 600 W in constant carrier
modes (AM, FM, RTTY, AMTOR).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV