Re: [TowerTalk] Camouflage Painting of Towers

To: "'Fred Kleber'" <kleberf@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Camouflage Painting of Towers
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:15:40 -0400
Hi Fred,
Here are a couple pictures of my tower. The lower 40' is painted with
Rust-Oleum Camouflage. It is ultra-flat and non-reflective. I also sprayed the
40' Rohn 45 gin pole that is attached to the tower and is used as a falling
derrick for tilting over the tower.

This summer when I tilt over the tower I will paint another 20' with Camouflage
plus the two antennas. Will also paint the SteppIR with Flex-Cote, probably
light gray or sky blue.
Not sure yet what color I will paint the top of the tower. But it will be flat.
By the way a number of years ago I painted the tower with two coats of Rust
Bullet. It has held up extremely well. But of course I don't need to worry
about salt spray.

73,
N2TK, Tony