Re: [TowerTalk] Fan/Parallel Dipoles

To: "Larry Loen" <lwloen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fan/Parallel Dipoles
From: "Steve, W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 19:41:36 -0400
I think that’s what I mentioned also....

It all depends on how your antenna can be sited in relation to the areas of
interest, which is one of the things we go over in an overview  document that
helps new hams get started thinking about what will work for them at their
site.  If your best or only support trees would put the 45 degree null in the
azimuth pattern (resulting from using the 40M element on 15M) toward Europe, it
might not be a good compromise.  It isn’t that much work to add the fourth
wire, as long as you realize that if the resonant frequency doesn’t change when
you tune the 15M element, you need to slightly lengthen the 40M element.

Steve, W3AHL