Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Fulton winch

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Fulton winch
From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:28:08 -0700
I purchased a Dutton-Lainson DLB 2500A to replace the standard tilt winch
for my HDX555.  I think I paid about $140 for it.  You crank a lot but it
is very easy and I would highly recommend this replacement.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
wrote:

> I think your choice is just fine and if you get tired of aging in place
> while spining and spinning and spinning the handle, the torque reduction
> ratio is such that a good strong  hand held electric drill could turn it.
> Something like  a Milwaukee Hole Hog right angle drill is powerful enough
> and is geared down sufficiently. If you don't intend to use it much you
> might be happy with something similar from Harbor Freight.
>
> Patrick    NJ5G
>
> On 6/11/2015 2:48 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
>
>> I know this has been on here several times, but I'm looking for a good
>> source of tower winches for the raising fixture.  The book shows a worm
>> gear drive, but what's on there is an inexpensive boat winch.
>>
>> I'm thinking of ordering a Fulton worm gear drive, hand powered winch
>> with about a 50:1 ratio.
>> Suggestions?

Tnx es 73
Richard W7ZR
www.w7zr.com

www.ridiculousones.blogspot.com/

*Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer*