Re: [TowerTalk] Self supporting tower...

To: "'Douglas Ruz'" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Self supporting tower...
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:14:47 +0000
I would go with angle iron rather than tubing.  Its much easier to cut and
weld or bolt together than tubing is, especially if you do a 4 leg design
because all the corners are square, you don't have to try to do 60 degree
corners.

If you take a look at some of the specs and drawings on the rohn ssv series
it may give you some ideas.  you might also look for the hdbx series, those
are triangular but you can get an idea of how much metal each leg has and
the spacing.
http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-ssv-self-supporting-towers

very important for self supporting towers is the base, so pay special
attention to that.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net