Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew tower...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew tower...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 20:22:34 -0400

Much of the strength in a tower that size come from the braces. The size of the brace material, spacing and angle. I would think the actual tubes in 25G are no where near as sturdy as the 1/8th inch wall material you have. Without the braces, the tubing for 25G and even 45G is quite easy to bend. However those braces are welded on before the galvanizing process.

Gerald had some good suggestions for guy material.

73

Roger (K8RI)