Re: [TowerTalk] Freight charges when shipping towers

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Freight charges when shipping towers
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:59:51 -0500
hey John and all! Most truck drivers are just that... they get paid to drive the truck and won't unload/load a trailer. Not their job description! They will tarp/unchain or vice versa as they are responsible for load safety and security but normally they expect someone there to load when they arrive at a pickup point and someone there to unload when they get to the destination. Most companies have "lumpers" who load/unload paid by the companies. Anytime extra time waiting happens, it is expected to be paid extra to the driver... not always the case! Several years ago I personally watched a 18 wheeler with a flat bed loaded with well drilling rig pull on my farm. He asked me who was going to unload ... not me! He waited around for better than an hour.... then after he unchained the load, he simply pulled up the hill, put it in reverse, got some speed up and then slammed on the brakes. Load unloaded itself. He drove off and about 3 hours later the driller showed up and pitched a real fit... it was a sight to see! As a general rule most drivers don't get involved in loading or unloading! my 2 cents! 73's Cort K4WI

john@kk9a.com <mailto:john@kk9a.com>
Tuesday, July 07, 2015 8:28 AM

That could be a huge benefit to using U-Ship. While many freight drivers
are helpful I have had a couple of instances when they would not help at
all.

John KK9A