Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor faialure

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor faialure
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:49:20 -0500 (CDT)
no continuity on any of the wires... possible causes: broken cable, broken
connector, guts of rotor wiped out including pot and motor.

antenna freewheeling... possible causes: guts of rotor wiped out, broken
mounting bolts

broken mounting bolts+freewheeling = broken cable or connector when it tries to
stop the freewheeling... can you see if the bottom of the rotor housing itself
is
turning with the antenna?  if that is turning the mounting bolts are gone but
maybe the rotor itself is ok, if the base is still attached to the mounting
plate and
the top is turning its probably time for a new rotor.