[TowerTalk] FW: Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:30:44 -0500
This topic has come up before and I'm sure you will get a lot of answers, but
here's mine:

Most conventional concrete mixes will typically achieve about 50% of ultimate
strength within 7 days, and will develop about 75% of ultimate strength after
14 days.    To answer your question, I have tilted up many crank-ups 2 and 3
weeks after the pour without any incident.    I would be reluctant to try in
only one week.

Since the foundation functions as ballast, the main stresses occur in the
vicinity of the anchor bolts, so if you are using a raising fixture, you can
actually achieve some pretty good loads on the anchor bolts while in the
process of tilting it up.   If you are using a crane or "cherry picker" to pull
it up into place, there really is not much load imparted on the anchor bolts.

Hope this info is helpful to you.   Good luck on your project.

Matt
KM5VI