Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Tower Stress in a quake?

To: Mike & Becca Krzystyniak <k9mk@flash.net>, KK4CPS@gmail.com, 'Steve Baughn' <baughn@centurylink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Tower Stress in a quake?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 13:49:30 -0700
The PE work for my guyed tower included a seismic analysis. A summary showed the lateral seismic load as 567 lbs and the 90mph wind load as 3858 lbs. So in my case, wind load far exceeds seismic excitation and is the controlling load for the analysis. YMMV.

If you want to worry about quakes and tsunami, move to the OR or WA coast. Check out the July 20 issue of the New Yorker or this link

http://www.earthmagazine.org/article/unlocking-cascadia-subduction-zones-secrets-peering-recent-research-and-findings

or volcano induced lahars - goodbye Tacoma, Puyallup, Renton and more from a Mt Rainier eruption.

Grant KZ1W
Seattle/Redmond WA