Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding connections and foundation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding connections and foundation
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 12:51:58 -0500

On 8/8/2015 12:32 PM, JVarney wrote:
Also, I misquoted TIA-222-G: #00 is not specifically required, it says
connections between tower and rods shall be "not smaller in surface area
than 2/0 solid." I interpret that to mean that the spec could be met with
multiple strands of #4 or #6 in parallel.

Since it is the surface area that is key in the wording why not a wide thin copper strap. Not in a reductio ad absurdum manner but similar to the copper foil straps/tapes used commonly for RF grounding.

Patrick       NJ5G