Re: [TowerTalk] Ladder Line or Open Wire Line stand off Insulators

To: Lee <L@w0vt.us>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ladder Line or Open Wire Line stand off Insulators
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 05:38:14 -0400
These are 10" standoffs for a $1.05.
http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.php?prod_id=35357&cat_id=46&species_id=4

You probably can find something similar at a local farm supply store.

Ken WA8JXM

On 8/12/15 11:00 PM, Lee wrote:
I'd be curious to know of some inexpensive way of supporting ladder line or open wire line along a building. I realize The Wireman has an insulator for tower mounting but the things are over $3.00 each. Not good if you need a bunch of them. I have heard maybe someone is using electric fence insulators but for the life of me I can't see any large enough to keep the line a safe distance from a structure. (An inch or so doesn't seem safe to me if you are running maximum legal power.) Anyone on here with some suggestions?
Lee, w0vt