Re: [TowerTalk] Crimping/swaging

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimping/swaging
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:49:32 -0500
Thanks for the info, Wilson. I have never installed crimp-on cable fittings before , always having it done at a rigging shop for Nicopress or otherwise. I use crimp-on splices for joining barbed wire with similar fittings and tools but with less than 100% satisfaction.

I have a 20 ton hydraulic press that I have upgraded from a manual lever pump to an air over hydraulic arrangement which gives me precise and effortless function and control. I would be interested in knowing if dies for the kind of crimps you are using are available that I could use in conjunction with my press to do the crimping.

Patrick         NJ5G