Re: [TowerTalk] How many tower sections i can install??

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How many tower sections i can install??
From: "Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:21:54 -0400
Thanks everybody for your assistance !!!!.

GREAT idea Gerald !!!!...i think 4 guys is my best solution...i re-measure
the roof today and it is a little bit larger...it is 24.3 ft by 42 ft (it is from hole to hole to anchors...about 1ft from the edge)...so,
calculating using guy angles 120, 60, 120 and 60...i have 24.3 ft from the
base to the anchor...guying the tower at 30 ft the anchor/height ratio is 81
% !!!!...guying at 28 ft the anchor ratio is 86.7 %...i think it is a good
and safety value.

I would like add a mast....maybe an 18 ft mast (1,5 or 2 inch OD) with 5 or
6 ft below the top of the tower and 12 or 13 ft up the top of the tower.

I am planning install an HD spiderbeam for 10, 15 and 20m only...it is very
light weight and very low wind load antenna.

Yes, it is a single story home...roof is about 12 ft up the ground level and
the concrete roof is about 4 inch thick (high).

Thanks again for your help.

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna
de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer,
de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla
----- Original Message ----- From: "TexasRF--- via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>