Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter inverted V

To: "'Robert Harmon'" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "'Ham - Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter inverted V
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:12:31 -0500
For an 80M inverted V with the apex at 90 feet, ends 10 feet above ground,
and an inside angle of about 90 degrees, EZNEC+ 6.0.6 calculates -3.47 dBi
gain at a 15 degree takeoff angle. Moving the ends up to 30 feet above
ground improves the gain to -1.67 dBi at a 15 degree takeoff angle - a
little less than 2 dB improvement. Moving the ends up to 35 feet above
ground increases the gain to -1.31 dBi. That's more than a 2dB gain
improvement at a 15 degree takeoff angle over the ends at 10 feet above
ground. Tom N6BT wrote in his book that "the amount of difference in an
antenna system that makes a significant performance difference....is 2 dB".

73,
Marsh, KA5M