Re: [TowerTalk] WTB 5 band yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB 5 band yagi
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:16:29 -0700
On Fri,8/28/2015 8:04 PM, Tom Horton wrote:
It cannot be a monster antenna because I don't have a whole lot of room between
my neighbor and me...30 feet maximum.If you have something that fits this bill
please let me know price and condition.

I have nothing to sell, but I strongly recommend the straight 3- and 4-el SteppIR Yagis. Their electrical and mechanical design is quite mature, they are of quite reasonable siza, and the fact that their design is optimized for each operating frequency and that there are no traps makes them great performers. I have the 3-el, not enough room to turn the 4-el.

Not cheap, but one strong man on the tower can handle the 3-el, which reduces installation cost; I don't know about the 4-el. Note that I'm specifically talking about the straight element Yagis for 20-6M. And by all means order the fixed 6M element, which adds a dB or two.

73, Jim K9YC