Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 06:38:43 +0000 (UTC)
I use DOUBLE-BRAIDED Nylon rope because, as I said, it stretches a lot
less.Other materials constructed the same would behave similarly (the material
is only ONE factor. The most "stretchy" construction is twisted.  The next
most "stretchy" construction is single-braided.
I've used it to support everything from heavy wire antennas (80m cage
Inverted Vee plus 40m dipole on one 1/4" OD cord) to a 20m half wavelength
vertical (guyed at two points using 1/8" OD cord). It has worked fine for four
decades.
vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC