Re: [TowerTalk] AB-621/G Military Mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB-621/G Military Mast
From: Charles Farr <cefarr@hughes.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 14:44:27 -0700
An engine hoist/crane can easily lift that weight and if the ground isn't too rough you can move it around. Do it on the driveway it you can.

W6AJW

On 09/03/2015 02:31 PM, dw wrote:
I have made the purchase of an AB-621/G mast from a surplus supplier.
The unit should arrive next week.

I haven't seen it up close yet, so I'm wondering how much I'll need to
disassemble it in order to be able to move it.
The shipping crate is close to 400lbs.
There are supposed to be 3 boxes in the crate.
So some of that weight will come out in separate boxes.
But the 8 feet long base section all by itself might weight close to 150
lbs.

Has anyone assembled or worked with one of these?
Thanks
N1BBR