[TowerTalk] Guy Anchors

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchors
From: "Wilson" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:36:11 -0400
If you really have “bedrock”, or even very large boulders, why not just drill
in and epoxy in place some big bolts, or rebar.
If you tilt the hole away from the tower, making it perpendicular to the guy
line, then you won’t even be depending on the epoxy to do anything.
Of course it doesn’t have to be rebar.  Check the scrap yards for 2-3”
barstock.  Stainless would be  neat.
At that size, you could just take a turn of cable and clamp it off! Of course
I’ve never done this, but I’d sure do it if I had the rock!
You wouldn’t even need turnbuckles.  Just use a gripper  and come a long to
tension up anytime needed.
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/curved-jaw-grips-ehs-cable/chicago-grip-curved-jaw-grip-ehs-cable
Wilson
W4BOH