Re: [TowerTalk] VNA Antenna Analyzer

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] VNA Antenna Analyzer
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:40:24 -0500
The loads that came with my PowerAim120 are silver plated screw-on Type-N
connectors with either 2 precision non-inductive resistors or 2 short
jumpers soldered down inside the connector.  The Open is of course...  Open.

They read exactly 50j0, 0j0 and infinite j0.

Be careful building calibration loads such that they have virtually 0
reactance.  It has been found that some instruments (my Poweraim for one)
gets weird if calibrated using a load with any significant amount of
reactance (over 3 or 4 ohms).

There are calibration loads available on ebay for about $20/piece.  About
the same cost as the Array Solutions kit (if it is all 3).

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net> wrote:

> The N-type test loads I received with my Array Solutions VNA2180 were SMA
> loads screwed to N-type/SMA adaptors!
>
> Steve G3TXQ

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT