Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Thrust Bearings

To: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>, "<towertalk@contesting.com>" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Thrust Bearings
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:06:26 -0500
Actually, that will work, but you would probably be better off with a bronze
ring, or even better today, one of the many engineering grade plastics.
Unfortunately, some of the better are crazy expensive unless you either cast to
shape, OR use small diameter rod on end as inserts onto say your steel ring.
They use some of these plastics for things like the turntable bearings on
cranes, just in case your worried about low turning rate, high load, dirty
environments. Never have to lubricate them too

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie