Re: [TowerTalk] Question

To: Arnie Pfingst <arnie123@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:55:40 -0600
On 11/18/2015 10:21 PM, Arnie Pfingst wrote:

Arnie!
Have you ever thought about just loading up your Explorer 14 beam on 6 meters just to give it a try? Many years ago a friend called me & told me that 6 meters was "open" to JA land so I loaded up my 20 meter monobander and worked several JA's. Got me hooked on 6 meters again and have been active ever since. If you decide to put that dipole up, definitely go with the quarter wave version.

See you on 6.  BTW, the winter E-Season is about on us NOW!   Have fun.

73,
Chuck  KØTVD
www.dxham.net
I've been licensed for over 40 yrs, and in all that time I've never been on 6m! I'm
thinking about hanging a 6m dipole off of my tower. My math tells me that it should
be about 10 feet long for a quarter wave. (468÷f in mhz) Would it be better if
I put up a full wave dipole, or is there a better idea? I don't particularly want a
beam on 6 because I probably would always be pointing in the wrong direction! I have
a ham III rotor, and an explorer 14  at 60 feet and that is about all the rotor is
rated for.