Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Climber harness ???

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Climber harness ???
From: "Ryan Turner, K0RET" <ryan.turner@memhamwan.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:31:57 -0600
Here you go: http://www.sitepro1.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=70
$235 USD and up. You really dont want to go any cheaper than this unless
you use rock climbing gear, in which case you need to instead spend more
time getting to learn your equipment and understanding what's safe and
whats not. I personally use a chest harness and an ice climbing sit
harness, both made for rock climbing, but that's because I also spend time
either in trees or on walls. My partner uses a regular safety harness.

I'd not consider any used options for the sit harness or safety harness. Do
whatever you feel safe with, but remember that this is your protection
system. If it fails, you'll most likely die.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org> wrote:

> Harnesses tailored for rooftop workers typically have no waist D-rings, so
> they are not appropriate  for tower workers or anyone needing positioning
> lanyards.
>
> Of course you can always wear a legacy waste belt with lanyard in
> combination with the harness, but that gets a little clunky.
>
> -Steve K8LX
>
> On 11/22/2015 7:36 PM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:
>
> Good question. I have no idea. Maybe something to add.
>> I have not examined the harness yet. Will see if I can come up with any
>> idea when I see it.

Ryan Turner, K0RET
+1.901.300.0039

HamWAN Memphis Metro <http://www.memhamwan.org/> - Memphis' Amateur Radio