Re: [TowerTalk] how long could be the mast ???

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] how long could be the mast ???
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 22:39:13 -0500
On 12/02/2015 10:03 PM, Douglas Ruz (CO8DM) wrote:
Hi,

I am planning install an small tower for small yagis fixed to EU.

I have only 2 tower sections (10 ft each) and a 18 ft mast (galvanized
water pipe 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 " and 1/4 inch wall) for that project...how
long could be the mast ???...14 ft??...12 ft ???...

I would like install a 2 elem homebrew 20m yagi on top of the mast and 3
elem homebrew 15m yagi below and maybe 4 elem 10m yagi attach to the top
of the tower (not in the mast)....so, the mast will support 2
antennas...the tower has one set of guys near the top.

any idea???

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver
alguna de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide
de comer, de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla

I'm not sure that water pipe is a good idea: it bends. Steel tube is what you want, I think.

73

Alan NV8A