Re: [TowerTalk] Time for a Real Tower Question TX-489

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Time for a Real Tower Question TX-489
From: "Steve, W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 19:54:04 -0500
I live near Wilson, but in another county in NC, where they won’t even consider
a permit based upon the condition that a tower would be retracted during a
storm.  My solution to the problem was to mount the US Tower MA-550 tubular
crank-up tower on a 25’ trailer with outriggers.  It met the restrictive
covenants of the development, sidestepped the permitting requirements and made
a nice addition to our Field Day antenna farm, wherever it may be.

US Tower wouldn’t even respond to my requests for ratings based upon 222-G.

Steve, W3AHL

Message: 6