Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Alum Tower

To: wosborne44@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Alum Tower
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 12:48:55 -0500
Considerations need to be made for the vertical load when guyed, as these towers are made to FLEX under wind load.

In addition, the upper sections you add would be smaller and have even lower windload characteristics than at the present height.

I do NOT recommend guying any tower designed for 'flexible' purposes.

Here, at present, I have 4 Universal towers up .. and had two at my previous location in Indiana. Will also be putting up FOUR more here next year .. none guyed .. EVER.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting wosborne44@gmail.com:

I have a 50 foot Universal Aluminum tower which I would like to extend
to 80-100 feet and guy it to offset the fact the base sections would
not be large enough for Universal's design drawings at that height.
Anyone have any experience good or bad in trying to do something like
this?

Thanks,

William Osborne--K5ZQ

270-205-9565