Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing

To: "n8de@thepoint.net" <n8de@thepoint.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing
From: Tom WA9WSJ via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 17:27:25 +0000 (UTC)
Gents,
RTV is a good idea if the right RTV is used. GE 162 is electronic grade and
will not deteriorate the materials that it is applied to.
Regular RTV, which smells like vinegar when curing, is very bad for electrical
connections/wiring etc. The "vinegar" smell is acetic acid which eats copper
etc.
Always read the data sheet for use and compatibility, could just save you from
worse problems, especially if you have to climb some where to fix it!
73
Tom