[TowerTalk] Fwd: Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:42:55 -0500
Hi Michael,

Beside my opinion of the Barker & Williamson antennas in general, a leaky dummy
load, I used something similar during my service.

I don't really understand how you set this up but it appears as you put the
ends of the antenna on 9 foot poles. I believe the intention is that the ends
should be placed at ground level. You could probably pull a wire between the
ends (kept at the 9 foot level). That would give you the half rombic back. (I
believe this antenna is suppose to be a half rombic).

A second attempt would be to place the ends on ground level. I don't think the
angle of the top is critical as long as you keep it decently close to the
suggested by B&W.

Good luck and keep us informed how you solved it.

Best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS