Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:55:54 -0500
'In 1962, as newly minted novice KN1VFX, I purchased a Gotham V80.  The ad
said it was the best thing to work the world on 80M CW, and radials were not
"required."'

And as radials are added, increasing radiation resistance and improving
system efficiency...SWR then becomes worse.  Try telling a novice that his
or her antenna is performing better with a higher SWR.  Back in 1972 as
WN9JCG, there's no way I would have believed it.

Paul, W9AC
(Past owner of a 15m Gotham 3 el. Yagi that performed much better than his
Mosely TA-33 jr.)