Re: [TowerTalk] Beam headings and sunrise vs sunset grey-line paths

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam headings and sunrise vs sunset grey-line paths
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:52:48 -0600 (CST)
agreed.  sunset greyline to VK6 from New England if following the terminator
would be south east but often signals are better from the east or even northeast
perpendicular to the terminator.  greyline periods can also result in other odd
shifts, long path being better than short, and weird stuff.  w1gg used to tell
of how
he beat most of the big New England stations to some deep Asian rare country
one morning because he just had a vertical... when the dx asked what his antenna
was and he said vertical he said you could hear rotors spinning all over the
region trying to find what path was better.