Re: [TowerTalk] Ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 09:25:17 -0800
On Fri,1/15/2016 11:14 PM, Arnie Pfingst wrote:
Do you all suggest I need more grounding?

What you need is BONDING -- all those grounds MUST be bonded together, everything in your station needs to be bonded together and to that.

I also live in the west, 7 miles from the Pacific, 70 miles S of the Golden Gate Bridge. When I moved here, I looked at the lightning map, saw it is quite infrequent compared to other parts of the country, and down-prioritized the work to clean up the grounding and bonding in my station. I knew what to do -- I even taught it -- but lots of things needed to be done. I lived to regret that decision. One of those infrequent strikes broke a lot of stuff in my K3.

What should you do? Study the link I've posted here a dozen times. It's written for guys like you. :)

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

73, Jim K9YC