Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-572MDPL up direction fault

To: Kenneth Sobel <kenxxx@optonline.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-572MDPL up direction fault
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:14:24 +0000 (UTC)
If you hear a click after 5 seconds then the problem is NOT the limit switch,
it comes before the relays.Although it could be several things, the first thing
I would do is to swap the time delay relays and see if the problem follows them
(i.e. problem moves to down direction).I don't recall if the other relays are
wired or plugins, but if easy, try swapping them next.Lastly, there is probably
a capacitor inside of the motor.  They go bad over time. Since more torque is
required to raise then to lower, it might show up first when you try to raise.
-Mike-WA6ZTY