Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concre

To: john@kk9a.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete orBelow the Concrete?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 07:54:50 -0800
Interesting. My R65 is 15+ years old, former AM BCB tower, 20 foot sections.

Grant KZ1W

On 1/30/2016 19:46 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
There are no weep holes in my Rohn 65G.

John KK9A

To:     Dan Cisson<n4gnr@windstream.net>, 'Patrick Greenlee'
<patrick_g@windstream.net>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:        Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Tower buried section legs --
Buried in Concrete orBelow the Concrete?
From:   Grant Saviers<grants2@pacbell.net>
Date:   Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:12:06 -0800

FYI, Rohn 65 with 4 bolt 5/8" thick flanges on each leg has one 1/4" weep
hole on each leg, at both ends right next to the flange. The flanges are
drilled to the leg od and welded outside and inside to the tube before
galvanizing. So there are redundant paths for water to escape. My PE
specified 1 foot of 3/4 gravel for the legs to be set into before the 4x4x2'
base pad was poured.

Grant KZ1W