Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys ???

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys ???
From: Big Don <bigdon39@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:39:56 -0800
This plan sounds a bit scary.  With a jury-rigged gin-pole (or not?),
whatever you do, you want to have a well-thought-out serious safety plan in
place so that, however you do it, a tower section cannot accidentally fall,
if, e.g., two workers wrestling and balancing it, in the wind, lose
control, or something in the pole comes loose, before the section is
securely attached to the previous section. A ham in Oregon was killed
several years ago when a heavy 40 meter beam was dropped, took out his
STEEL GUYS, and the tower collapsed.
Don  N7EF