To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 158, Issue 20
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:40:24 -0600

On 2/10/2016 3:09 PM, Wayne Kline wrote:
Patrick
Your beverage direction N / S E / W are not the best direction for DX and I am not sure about the
coupling from  the strands of barber wire below it ? ( I think this would be an
issue )
  As for the magnetic loop..... unless you want to null out a local ground wave
Noise, even a small  Beverage
you'll be better off...  There are allot of info on the web regarding the
Beverage Antenna,
Wayne W3EA

Oh well, I guess I need to do a lot more reading/studying before committing resources to Beverages or a shielded loop. I do have a hankerin' for a rhombic or two though.

Patrick         NJ5G