[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX Controller Problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX Controller Problem
From: KE4S-Dave <ke4s@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:01:41 -0500
While installing a LED illuminator board in my G-1000SDX controller, one wire on the indicator motor controller board separated from the other end. This is the first one of the pair of gray wires attached to the motor controller board at the top right corner (viewed from the rear of the controller unit and marked "10" on the circuit board). It crosses the back of the motor control board then wrap toward the face plate; this is the loose end.

Can someone who owns one of these units could open the controller and tell me where this wire should connect? I have neither an owners manual or a schematic diagram. A copy of either would also be appreciated. Note this is the SDX unit, which is considerably different than the DXA unit.

Thanks es 73,

Dave KE4S