Re: [TowerTalk] Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:37:28 -0600
Arnie,
Don't give up on the J-pole. It’s a very effective antenna.
I built one about 30 years ago and it's still in use.
Mine is a tri-bander (146/223/440) I built it with copper water pipe (1 in. >
3/4 in. > 1.2 in.)
It is currently on top of my tower @ 60ft. I live in hill country, but have
reasonable path to several repeaters, ranging from 25 to 50 miles away.

73, Jim – w5ifp@gvtc.com