Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Source for renting tower and cable installation t

To: Richard Spurling <rtspurling@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Source for renting tower and cable installation tools
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:17:13 -0800
Not seen them for rent.

What size and type cable? The LDF5 and AVA5 strip and prep tools are different (as are the connectors). Yes, the drill driven tools are very expensive, but for AVA with its much thinner shield I think the tools are a big help, almost essential. There are cheaper manual cutting tools see https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=410199&eventGroup=4&eventPage=1 or for the LDF series a fine blade hacksaw with the guide packaged with the connectors works ok. I found several good strip & prep tools on ebay.

I'm still looking for a good amount of LDF5 if anybody has a stash, minimum 175' lengths. It's out of stock at all surplus dealers I've checked. I also have 250' of LDF6 and a few connectors for it for sale, but it needs picked up as the reel is in poor condition.

Grant KZ1W