Re: [TowerTalk] (WAS) 4 Square for 80 and slopes; now mobiling and slope

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (WAS) 4 Square for 80 and slopes; now mobiling and slopes
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:24:23 +0000
Moxon's book (HF Antennas for All Locations) has a valuable discussion of where
to place the antenna relative to slope - and it is not at the top of the slope.
 His discussion was predominantly about dipoles placed down a slope using the
slope for reflection.  But he also includes discussion of verticals and this
points to the type of effect Mike is describing.

It's a pity HFTA doesn't do verticals, but Moxon's work may be helpful in
siting them anyhow.

73, David G3WGN  M6O