Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum mast vs. tramming

To: Steve K7AWB <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum mast vs. tramming
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 05:16:56 -0500
Steve,

If you want to tram the antenna, in this case I would consider moving the top
set of guy wires about 5-8 feet lower than where they are now and tighten them
as if that's where they are supposed to be attached.  Tram the antenna to the
tower instead of involving the mast and then move it up onto the mast.  Move
the guy wires back up to where they were originally.

You may want to remove all the elements that are within easy reach from top of
tower and put them back on once the antenna is in place.

73... Stan, K5GO