Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: "Magic" length from tower to first insulator

To: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: "Magic" length from tower to first insulator
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:08:38 -0700
Good one!  I agree.

The NCJ article (Nov/Dec 2015, by N2IC) shows that for a 10/15/20 combos/tribanders only less than 11' and very narrow windows at 28' and 41' are ok. And that is assuming you are willing to lose a couple of db's of F/B. Throw in 12m and 17m and I suspect there is no solution except <11'. That's a lot of guy grips.

Grant KZ1W