Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 159, Issue 64- 30/40M dipole

To: HankP <pfizenmayer@q.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 159, Issue 64- 30/40M dipole
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 07:59:11 -0400
Hank, thanks for the input.

I didn't like my relay idea but when I wrote that post I hadn't yet seen a workable alternative aside from full size parallel tubing dipoles for each band. I could do that, but the amount and size of aluminum would be getting to a point of concern for the rotator and mast.

I have looked at the OB1-4030 several times. If budget would allow, I would just buy one and be done with it. I'm not too confident about building one since I really don't understand the operating principle with that stub tapped on a coil.

I am unable to find the referenced M2 antenna on their web site.

73,
Paul N1BUG