Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator...

To: 'TT' <towertalk@contesting.com>, Douglas Ruz / CO8DM <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator...
From: "J. Hunt via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 11:15:38 +0000 (UTC)
With those long Spiderbeam spreaders, a large torque force is applied to the
antenna / rotor / tower.

A rotor with a built in wedge-brake is suggested (or alternative rotor)
featuring a complete stop action when applied voltage is removed.
The Hy-Gain Ham4 is a very good solution.

A "friction-brake" would not be a wise solution.

Thanks n 73,
James
ki5dq