Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 20:18:22 -0400
An old "spur gear would work for this, or rather, a couple of them. Just don't disengage when the wind is blowing. A trip to the nearest junkyard should turn up one that will fit the mast, or can be bored out to fit. Just find a couple that don't have an OD too large.
They don't even have to be the same size, just so the teeth mesh.

A rather ingenious idea Jim.

73

Roger (K8RI)