Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need install a BRAKE to protect antenna and rotator
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 23:26:06 -0400
On 4/4/2016 Monday 10:19 PM, Douglas Ruz / CO8DM wrote:
Yes, you are right...The U bolt failure caused the slippage.

It is an small TV antenna rotator. Yes the antenna is balanced. The antennas
is big spiderbeam...a big cross 46 ft by 46 ft.

Pin the mast to the rotator is a good idea but I am worry about the U bolt
that join the Center hub with the mast...if that U bolt fail then will get
problem with the coax again.

I will try installing a telescopic tube in the tower leg...with a pulley can
move up or down the tube if I want rotate the antenna...that tube is a
protection if the U bolts fail...If the U bolts fail, the tube will stop the
rotation of the center hub.

73,

Doug, CO8DM