Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon (again)

To: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon (again)
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 19:16:44 -0700
Sounds good. I learned quite a bit doing the exercise so it was well worth it.
I’m confident of the number for the Moxon, so yours should be solid.  I don’t
have nearly the wind requirement you do (80 mph and no tornadoes!).

So far I’m very happy with the Moxon, right now just fixed east as my stateside
antenna . Bandwidth is much better than the XM240. One big advantage of the
design is non-resonance on 15M. When I first put my XM240 up I had a tribander
under it and it really messed up 15M. I ran an NEC model with the Moxon 9 ft.
above my 15M monobander and there was almost no interaction.

This one was scratch built but I hope to get my XM240 converted this summer.
With the wind load now known I can put it back right where it is now.

Ken K6MR