[TowerTalk] Hi-Gain BN-86 Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hi-Gain BN-86 Balun
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 18:38:52 -0700
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 17:50:59 -0700
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi-Gain BN-86 Balun

Jon,

Maybe he did and it was so badly burnt up the pic was blank because
it completely disintegrated :-)

Bob
K6UJ

##  LOl.   I smoked  3 of em, back in the 70s.   One on a 204BA, one on a
80m inverted vee, and the 3rd on a 1/2 wave  40m sloper.   Burnt to a crisp.
And all were operating into a flat swr.   That was with a 4-1000 with 1900w  pep
out  ssb mode. Why they still make the damn thing is beyond me..ditto with the
W2AU..
big signal balun..and all the other crap out there.   Its  2016...not  1957.

Jim  VE7RF