[TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 07:28:19 -0700
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 21:32:31 -0700
From: "W7ZZ" <w7zz@wavecable.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

Second, AN Wireless has every right to protest any comments that it thinks
are defamatory, to include the right to sue.  You have that right. I have
that right. They have that right.  Once again, I have not read what K7LXC
posted and I make no comment on whether it was defamatory or true or fair
comment or whatever . . .  But I will vigorously defend the right of
anyone/any company to protest/sue to protect its rights.

Finally, I happen to know, and I bet AN Wireless knows, that K7LXC's company
has in the past sold (and may well still sell, I don't know) a competing
similar freestanding tower product, so they might view his comments as a
competitor a bit differently than comments from Joe Ham who just put up a
tower and is "reviewing" it.  Since I have not seen K7LXC's original
posting, I don't know whether this was disclosed.

73, Doug W7ZZ

##  so what u are saying is no one has the right to bad mouth a product ?   I
dont see
Mosely  sending out cease + desist letters, nor MFJ, nor anybody else.   This
is the 1st time
I have even heard of a ham radio supplier  sending out a notice.   Heck, its
2016..and nobody
builds a balun correctly, maybe 1-2 at most.   If the folks who make  sub
standard products
or dont have it...quite right, started actually listening to the end users,
they could use that feedback
to improve their products.   I dont see  QST /ARRL getting any cease + desist
letters. The last time
collins radio ever advertised in qst was the same isse that QST trashed their
KWM-380  xcvr.

## K7LXC  does not sell a competing product.  LXC sells the Trylon titan
towers, which in no way
are even comparable to the AN wireless towers.

Jim  VE7RF